My friend Carol introduced me to these gluten-free, practically carb-free home made crackers, or as she calls them “burned cheese cookies”. They may sound odd but they are absolutely perfect for cocktail hour. Gin & Tonic cocktails to be precise. Something about that crisp refreshing gin, sweet medicinal tonic, then paired with these salty, semi-charred cheese bites are a match made in heaven. They’re packed with seeds and can be eaten plain or topped with a mild vegetable such as a tomato slice.
Cocktail CrackersJump to Recipe
2 cups shredded Parmesan
1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
1/2 cup of pepitas and sunflower seeds, combined
2 or 3 tablespoons of oats, optional.
Couple shakes of cayenne pepper or Hot Old Bay to taste
Spoon about 2 tablespoons per cracker onto an ungreased sheet pan. Space out mounds to allow for melted spread. Shake a couple dashes of hot pepper or your seasoning of choice on each. Bake for about 9 minutes. Watch carefully until desired golden brown.
- 2 cups Shredded parmesan cheese (shredded, not grated)
- 1/2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Pepitas, sunflower seeds or a combination of seeds
- 2 tbsp Oats (optional)
- a few shakes of cayenne pepper or hot seasoning salt such as Hot Old Bay
- Preheat your oven to over 350º. Mix all ingredients but the cayenne in a large bowl.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons per cracker onto an ungreased sheet pan. Space out mounds to allow for melted spread. Shake a couple dashes of hot pepper or your seasoning of choice on each. Bake for about 9 minutes. Watch carefully until desired golden brown.
- They should turn into a crisp little wafer and slide right off the pan. Serve immediately or save in an airtight container.